The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inbox item count Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, Mark, did you see this from a recent thread? Note Michelle's reply at the bottom "This is planned."

John

michelle
Omni
Yesterday, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mario.Batz@cern.ch
Hi,

it would be extremely usefull to have another icon for the Inbox when it is not empty and showing also the noumber of items in the Inbox next to it.

Cheers

Mario

This is planned :-)

ah, brilliant

Another option would be putting a badge on the dock icon with the number of items in the inbox, as in Mail.app.

Not saying I'd prefer it, but just putting the idea out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Another option would be putting a badge on the dock icon with the number of items in the inbox, as in Mail.app.

Not saying I'd prefer it, but just putting the idea out there...
I like that as well.

Or a feature for showing the amount of things due today/now/etc.

Could be a preference:

Show: X in Dock (Inbox count, items due today/this week/etc)

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
I actually suggested that they put it in the bottom status bar, kind of like how Excel does it.

1 of 2,256 Tasks

40 of 49 Projects

That way when you are in "Focus" mode you can see what is the universe size.

This would be a great start to the stats that I have been bugging them about.

BZ
This thread has gone rather dormant, but I hope there's still some possibility of adding this feature. Now that the flagged filter is broken out, I'd find it very useful to know how many flagged actions I have at a glance, as this status bar would enable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Just so long as I can hide the inbox in all views and turn off the item count. I don't want to be interupted by items in my inbox when I'm "doing". The inbox for me is a place to toss things so they are out of my sight and out of my mind until it is time to review them.
What if the inbox was severed from both Project and Context, and was given an icon up in the toolbar with Project and Context? Could you put the number of inbox items on that icon without it being disruptive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady
What if the inbox was severed from both Project and Context, and was given an icon up in the toolbar with Project and Context? Could you put the number of inbox items on that icon without it being disruptive?
That would be worse. If the number is in the toolbar, then it never goes away. Currently in context view I don't see anything having to do with the inbox. That's how it should be when I'm in "doing" mode—no distractions.

I can live with counts in project view or an optional status bar at the bottom of the window.

Curt

But if it is a toolbar item then it is optional because you can customise the toolbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown00
But if it is a toolbar item then it is optional because you can customise the toolbar.
Only if it is a separate button. The current view buttons are a paired set.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Only if it is a separate button. The current view buttons are a paired set.
As it turns out, I take my idea back, I hadn't finished reading the thread and I greatly prefer the idea of having the inbox icon look like a paper tray, and be empty or not empty accordingly.