The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sharing Omnifocus projects in text format Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The best way to share Omnifocus projects is probably by exporting and importing Omnioutliner Professional files (although importing the Flagged and Completion Date fields is not yet supported in OF ver 71)

Text files, however, also have their appeal - they can migrate across platforms, and be read and generated by by colleagues who are not using Omnioutliner. The TaskPaper format works quite well for this purpose, and can be read and edited with or without the Taskpaper program.

I have drafted extensions of my Taskpaper import and export scripts for Omnifocus, aiming to make them read and write start and due dates, flagged status and estimated minutes, (in addition to the default context and @done tags).

The tags which they aim to read and write have the following formats:

@start(yyyy-mm-dd) or @start(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm) - Start date
@due(yyyy-mm-dd) or @due(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm) - Due date
@mins(nn) - Estimated minutes
@flag - Flagged

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-12-27 at 02:28 PM..

RobTrew,

I updated the export from OF to follow your conventions, please let me know of any issues.

@RobTrew: looks like the first link in your post is broken - shouldn't that be http://web.mac.com/robinfrancistrew/...ioutliner.html ?

Thanks, Craig. Amended now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
I updated the export from OF to follow your conventions, please let me know of any issues.
The implementation of the additional tags is very helpful - thanks !

The remaining problem is that task/sub-task hierarchies are still being flattened by the exporter.

To conform to the Taskpaper format, and to achieve round-tripping with my stopgap Taskpaper to Omnifocus import droplet, sub-tasks need to be tab-indented.

For comparison, try exporting from nested Omnifocus tasks both with the export routine that you have in version 96487, and with my export script.