The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question about saving/creating templates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an existing document that I would like to save as a template. Can you do that? Hopefully!

Or do you have to create a new template and then copy everything into it?

Or can you just do some trickery to the files to change the document into a template?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Starr View Post
I have an existing document that I would like to save as a template. Can you do that? Hopefully!

Or do you have to create a new template and then copy everything into it?

Or can you just do some trickery to the files to change the document into a template?
It's in the export dialog ... Export as OmniGraffle Template.

:)

Mark

Yeah, forgot to check that one. I knew there had to be something easy. Thanks.

Using Graffle Pro 5.0.2.

I've been working on a template for a day and a half. All of a sudden, when I go to save it, it does not save as a .gtemplate - but as a folder that contains the canvases in it. These won't open.

I tried adding the '.gtemplate' file extension to the folder to MAKE it a template, but that doesn't work. What is going on? Why would it do this all of a sudden? I didn't do anything different thatn what I have been doing: opening the template directly, editing the shared layers, and saving the document periodically.

Here's a clear example of what I mean (Please see the attached jpg.). I opened UX-Template_mdesign.gtemplate (which works). I made two small changes, and saved the document. That save resulted in the top folder, rather than updating the template file I was editing.

ADD: I should note that exporting as a template is doing the same thing - making a folder, not a .gtemplate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	template_save_issue.jpg
Views:	1319
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	708