The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task hierarchy not showing in Context mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have many tasks that I need to keep putting off... I move them to next Monday for example. Its because they are lower priority than immediate projects, and can be put off if I dont complete the important stuff in time.

Anyway, I am a bit sick of selecting each one individually all the time and changing the date in the Inspect pop up window.

So I created a Task called To Do later. I put all these tasks under that main task, and removed their individual dates. Put a date on the main To Do Later. So I can just change that one date and all the sub-tasks are moved too.

BUT my main view for work is a Context, because I want to Group by Due date so I get the Due Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday groupings. But in Context mode it does not display the hierarchy of sub-tasks under the project, and just lists them all in the top level.

e.g. In projects its like this:-

----
NEXT ACTIONS
---
To Do Later
- Task 3
- Task 1
- Task 4
- Task 2

In my Contexts view its like this:
----
DUE TOMORROW
---
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
Task 4
To Do Later

So this is no good... it should be able to show me the sub-tasks under a main task in Context mode surely. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks a lot