The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Unable to FIND text in columns that have the type property set to "pop-up list" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've simply added the script as an icon on my toolbar, and invoke it with one mouse-click from there.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
I've simply added the script as an icon on my toolbar, and invoke it with one mouse-click from there.
Short of using LaunchBar is there a way to invoke Applescripts from within OmniOutliner, perhaps via a keystroke?

Rogbar, is the toolbar you referred to part of Omni, LaunchBar, or MacOS?

Sadly, since I dropped QuicKeys I haven't used any any macro application, not even Automator. (Seemed like the QuickKeys people had significant trouble keeping pace with OS changes, and when I discoverer that my last update imported only the simplest macro in my QuicKeys library I bailed for good.)

Thanks!

qomni
 
In OO's menu bar, go to View / Customize Toolbar, and you'll see all the icons you can drag up to your toolbar. Included among them, are icons for any AppleScripts stored in your ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner Pro folder.

(And FWIW, I'm still using QuicKeys without any problems under 10.7.3.)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qomni View Post
Short of using LaunchBar is there a way to invoke Applescripts from within OmniOutliner, perhaps via a keystroke?
The Script menu can be enabled via Applescript Editor's preferences, or you can use something like Fastscripts.
Quote:
Rogbar, is the toolbar you referred to part of Omni, LaunchBar, or MacOS?
I'm not Rogbar, but he's referring to the bar of buttons that goes across the top of your OmniOutliner window. Probably reads "Utilities Action Add Column Attach Inspect" if you've still got the default set.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
In OO's menu bar, go to View / Customize Toolbar, and you'll see all the icons you can drag up to your toolbar. Included among them, are icons for any AppleScripts stored in your ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner Pro folder.
Hmmm. I looked in the library folder (both system and user). I see Scripts/Applications, but don't see a folder therein entitled OmniOutliner Pro folder. Is Omni supposed create that folder ... or am I?

(And FWIW, I'm still using QuicKeys without any problems under 10.7.3.)[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear!

I think my QuicKeys shortcuts became unimportable when we jumped for OS9 to OSX. Did you have the same problem? It was going to be like starting from scratch. I mainly used QuicKeys in a music notation application; and it simultaneously (finally!) got lots of good keystrokes, so I begged off of macro-mania.)

Thanks!

qomni

Last edited by qomni; 2012-02-02 at 09:13 PM..
 
I'm personally finding that Keyboard Maestro has some key advantages over other launchers:
  1. Simple HUD's - if you group your macros for a particular application into sets of 9 or less, and assign them all the same keystroke in KM5, a little list of their names will pop up when you use that keystroke in that application. You can make the subchoice with keys 1-9,
  2. richer dialogs than Applescript's Choose list and Display dialog - multiple fields and buttons,
  3. its own variables and flow-control structures.

(Greg Jones gives an example of DevonThink to OO3 cross application use).

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-02-02 at 09:26 PM..
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The Script menu can be enabled via Applescript Editor's preferences, or you can use something like Fastscripts.
Are you referring to AppleScript>Preferences>General>Show Script in menu bar? I have that turned on, but would like something more direct, like you've suggested below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I'm not Rogbar, but he's referring to the bar of buttons that goes across the top of your OmniOutliner window. Probably reads "Utilities Action Add Column Attach Inspect" if you've still got the default set.
I think I'll have to figure this part out ... after loading the scripts installed in the proper folder? Presently I've located them in MacintoshHD/Library/Scripts/"folder of my naming" ... and they show in the Applescript menu of my mainmenu bar.
 
That's .../Library/Scripts under the root.

For the toolbar, and more general use, you should put scripts in the .../Library/Scripts under your user account.

Finder > Go > Go to folder > ~/Library/Scripts/Applications

(Where ~ is a system-recognised abbrevn for your home directory)

Place oo3 scripts in the relevant sub-folder of ~/Library/Scripts/Applications
 
Hi Rob,

Just noticed this script does not seem to work in OO4. Any chance of adapting for 4?

Thanks ...
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
Just noticed this script does not seem to work in OO4. Any chance of adapting for 4?
In the current build of OmniOutliner 4, the Find panel and Search sidebar can find values in columns of any type, not just text columns.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't sort a column when its type property is set to "pop-up list" qomni OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 8 2012-02-02 10:05 AM
"Find" in other columns? enderw88 OmniPlan General 1 2010-04-06 01:56 PM
Crashes when scripting "group rank" property in OmniGraffle timcoffman AppleScripting Omni Apps 1 2009-07-09 06:50 AM
Disable "find as you type"? kocab OmniWeb Feature Requests 8 2008-04-21 09:16 AM
"Find" to search through text boxes as well.. Jasko OmniWeb Feature Requests 2 2006-12-01 11:57 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.