The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Suddenly in the last several days (less than a week - probably 3 days) I find that two blogs won't load in OW 5.7, and both give the above error.

The links are:

http://rodrik.typepad.com/dani_rodriks_weblog/

and

http://thegspot.typepad.com/blog/

These links work in Safari and FF. I didn't change any OW settings.

Google didn't give me any information.

Peter

Error 302 is "connection lost". There is some discussion about it, with a pointer to some documentation, here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=7932794

That documentation says "this usually indicates a highly overloaded server."

I'm not experiencing any problems with either of those links. Some hand-waving suggestions would be to quit and restart OmniWeb, and even to reboot (pretty skeptical about the latter helping if other web browsers are working). If that doesn't help, maybe someone else will chime in with something, otherwise I suggest sending in some support email, and maybe our support team will be familiar with this.

Thanks for the feedback. Restarting OW and rebooting the computer were not helpful.

The puzzling thing for me is that both of these sites have been in a workspace with a collection of blogs that I visit daily. They have worked without an issue until the last few days when they stopped working either in that workspace or as a separate web browser window, but continue to work fine in FF and Safari. And at a time when I didn't change anything.

I'll send a support email, per your suggestion.

Peter

A quick addendum.

Any link with the format something.typepad.com fails

Peter

What happens if you try it with one of the 5.8 Sneaky peek releases available for download? I was able to load the sites you mentioned without difficulty, but didn't go to the trouble of downloading 5.7 to try it there. Could be an easy fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What happens if you try it with one of the 5.8 Sneaky peek releases available for download? I was able to load the sites you mentioned without difficulty, but didn't go to the trouble of downloading 5.7 to try it there. Could be an easy fix...
Same behavior in the last two SneakyPeak versions.

P

They both just loaded fine for me. Are you using Tiger or Leopard? Have you tried starting OmniWeb without your workspace, or in a freshly created user? It definitely seems like there must be something in your environment that is at least a contributing factor here, perhaps we can narrow it down...

Happens to me too, in build 104377

Code:
2008-08-28 11:27:32  http://rodrik.typepad.com/dani_rodriks_weblog/: Operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302.) [kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork/302]

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
They both just loaded fine for me. Are you using Tiger or Leopard? Have you tried starting OmniWeb without your workspace, or in a freshly created user? It definitely seems like there must be something in your environment that is at least a contributing factor here, perhaps we can narrow it down...
Well, this morning around 8:00 am I was unable to load those sites in OW 5.7 or 5.8 SneakyPeak, either in WorkSpace mode or as an independent browser window.

I went out and picked 6 quarts of blueberries and 5 pints of raspberries with my wife, came back and made a cup of coffee, and now the sites load fine in both 5.7 and 5.8, in WorkSpace mode and an independent browser.

I literally did nothing to change my environment (unless you count the bug bites while picking - looking forward to blueberry cobbler in February when the Maine winter is in full swing).

I have no idea what changed.

Peter

maybe the sites were down?