The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: "Pairing" contexts with Bluetooth devices an WLAN Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After doing a spring clean in my context list I thought this might
be a good idea. These two features would be extremely helpful for auto-locating contexts:
  • Detection of the actual WLAN (so I can work on online tasks on my iPhone/Laptop when I´m connected to a known WLAN)
  • Detection of Bluetooth devices (to "pair" devices with contexts instead of Geo Location)

The latter adds "right here & now" to the "nearby" feature
by telling OF more about what I´m doing in situations where I can´t make use of the geo location features.

Example: if it recognizes that my bluetooth car audio is close by OF knows that I´m in my car.

Cheers, Stefan

PS: can´t wait to see Omni UI magic on an iPad