The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessing menu commands using Applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all

I'm making a lot of wireframes in Omnigraffle Pro and am communicating them in a couple of ways.
First is by making short films (using ScreenFlow). That's relatively quick.
The second is by exporting each screen of the clickthrough to a pdf and then marking up the click/touch events using Annotations in Preview. This takes a while. The last one was 150 pages long.

The ultimate goal is to create a script that exports a .pdf every time I execute a mouse click in Omnigraffle.
The intermediate stage is to create a button on a Layer in Omnigraffle that when clicked Exports the current view to .pdf. But at the moment I can't even get the Applescript to open File > Export...
Although the script seems well formed I just get an Invalid Index Applescript Error back.
Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong, please?

Here's the code:

Code:
activate application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "OmniGraffle Professional"
		click menu item "Export…" of menu item "File" of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1
	end tell
end tell
Thanks