The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Integration with Bugzilla (or similar) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
At my workplace, we tie most of our progress together using Bugzilla. We use it not just to track bugs, but also to manage our new features (small ones anyway).

Using this rich source of tasks as inputs to a GTD system (OmniFocus) would absolutely make my day!

On the other hand, what about integrating the features of a bug-tracking system (automatic email notifications, discussions, types of bug closure, etc) into OmniFocus itself?

I'm surprised that there is no answer to this request after 3+ years !
We rely heavily on Bugzilla as well, and we do weekly sprints. I love OF but often find myself having to update my statuses in both OF and in the weekly sprints.

We have a mail gateway for bugzilla, allowing us to create a bug by sending an email. I realize this request is probably too specific to be widely useful, but in my dream world, I should be able to:

1) assing a default bugzilla milestone to a OmniFocus project
2) right click a project and select "create bugs for each task"
3) right click one task and say "create bug from this task"

The email sent to the email gateway can have keywords in it

@owner = me
@milestone = default milestone

Sounds like an AppleScript could do the trick.

-Dennis