The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Set the title for Export to Simple HTML Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've started using File > Export > Simple HTML to publish a task list for each of my clients.

My previous technique was to export to OmniOutliner, apply some formatting, and export to HTML. Exporting directly from OmniFocus provides more information in a prettier format, but there's one thing I miss from OmniOutliner - setting the browser title for the generated page.

The OmniFocus page title is not client-friendly, e.g., "Perspective: Web Export" is not a meaningful bookmark name.

Is there some way to replace the OmniFocus title (e.g., "Remaining Tasks") or, even better, generate a page-specific title (e.g., "[foldername] Tasks")? I picked the folder name because I have a separate folder for each client.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Easily done in script. See Ken Case's post on the OF Extras forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew
Easily done in script. See Ken Case's post on the OF Extras forum.
I took a look at Ken's script. It appears straightforward if I create the export file in a fixed destination folder. In my case, I'm using Export's Save dialog to target a client-specific folder. When I have time to experiment, I look into an AppleScript solution.

What I'm really hoping for is some hidden OmniFocus configuration parameter I can customize.

tell application "OmniFocus" to tell default document
set savePath to choose file name with prompt "Where shall I save this stuff?"
save in savePath as "HTML"
end tell

(with a little help from p.365 of Matt Neuberg's AppleScript:The Definitive Guide)