The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Not sure I understand the point of Start Date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hy Brian,

Please vote me in as well.
I think start dates could use a little enhancement, as I wrote here:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...066#post114066

Thanks elsasdad for leading me here :-)

Not sure if I misunderstand but I don't think this is a good idea.

I like that the Forecast view is shows only what is due today. That gives me a clear and uncluttered view of the tasks that I MUST address today.

I start my day in Forecast then switch to context/map(list) view. Any started tasks show on that screen (And those with due dates are highlighted first.)

Anyway would just like to add that I wouldn't like to be forced to have this option.

EDIT::: Apologies, arrived here via a link from iPhone forum. To be clear my comment relates to the iPhone version only, I don't yet have the Mac version. (Or a Mac :( )

Last edited by billw; 2012-09-04 at 02:10 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by billw View Post
Not sure if I misunderstand but I don't think this is a good idea.

I like that the Forecast view is shows only what is due today. That gives me a clear and uncluttered view of the tasks that I MUST address today.
Showing items starting in Forecast view is an option.

I have to agree, whats the point of a Forecast if it doesnt Forecast when I'm supposed to start something? If all i see is the Due Date, then its probably too late to fnish anything but the simplest task or project.

Bruce, if you open Forecast view, tap the toolbar button that looks like an eye, then select "Starting Items" from the popover that appears, does that do what you're looking for?