The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing/exporting to FreeMind Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

The list format just doesn't do it for me (I like to visualize).
I use FreeMind (mindmapping software) a lot and would love to be able to import and export .mm files into/out of OmniFocus.

Is there any hope in that being possible ?
Or even OmniFocus integrating a mindmapping-like functionality ?

Thanks,

Axel Ronsin
Paris, France

The immediately available migration route would be through OPML and Omnioutliner professional.

The Freemind accessories folder includes XSL templates for MM <--> OPML conversion. (opml2mm.xsl and mm2opml.xsl)

Omnioutliner opens and saves as OPML.

Omnifocus opens Omnioutliner professional files.

To export from OF to OOP you can use this script.

All of this could be automated, in both directions, through a pair of shell scripts.

Thank you, RobTrew.
I will try that.

I wasn't sure where to find that "accessories" folder. It's in the actual application package and I had to right-click the application icon in finder, select "show package contents" and then browse through the folders. I copied the files to a more easily accessible location so I could reference them for the XSLT export. Thanks! This might be good for project brainstorming in freemind then exporting to Omnioutliner and/or Omnifocus when the project has ripened.

The Freemind accessories folder includes XSL templates for MM <--> OPML conversion. (opml2mm.xsl and mm2opml.xsl)

How I use a XSL template?

tks

Quote:
Originally Posted by roframor View Post
How do I use an XSL template?
The simplest use would be from the Freemind menu system:

File > Export > UsingXSLT ... > choose XSL file

etc.

(More generally, there are various XSLT processors - you could start by experimenting with something like TestXSLT)