The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Generic icons in notes/attachments? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Any image greater than 512 pixels in width or height will be represented by a file icon. This is configurable via the hidden OSImageAttachmentMaximumSize default. For example, if you'd like to change this limit to 1000 pixels, you would enter this in a Terminal window:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OSImageAttachmentMaximumSize -int 1000
After doing this, quit and relaunch OmniFocus to see larger images inline.

(I knew we'd posted this information somewhere at some point, but it took me a while before I found it buried in the release notes archive…)
Excuse me, I'm completely new at this and have never written a code. Where would I find "the hidden OSImageAttachmentMaximumSize default", and also where would I find the Terminal window to write this code? Thanks.

The Terminal application is found in your Utilities folder (inside the Applications folder). Copy and paste the line that starts with "defaults write" into the Terminal window and press the return key.

this solved my problem of jpgs not being displayed too.

couldn't figure out why.

can anyone tell me where in file finder are all the jpgs stored? I've found jpg under the window/attachments then searched for a particular jpg name, but can't find it on my computer, so I assume omni must somehow archive them within it's own database... correct?

If I want to slim down my attachments, I guess I just go into that section and manually delete some of the big ones I don't need?

I have 1900 jpg and a 15mb database. Will I gain speed doing this? Should I focus primarily on reduce the quantity... or just delete the big ones?

thanks!