The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Software request: integrated payroll, timesheets and general accounting package Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I note others have requested an accounting package of some sort from Omni Group but this request goes a little further. I’ve been searching for years for a Mac-centric integrated payroll, timesheets and general accounting package. Omni Group are the only company I know of who could be relied on to pull such a package off well, notwithstanding their need to pay some attention to existing software.

I work for small/medium size architects firm in London UK and ever since we kitted the office out with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server and Power Macs I’ve been searching for the above software panacea with no luck.

I’ve been hoping that Apple would build something into Mac OS X and Server but that’s probably wishful thinking.

There’s quite a bit of software out there but none of it manages to get the formula right. What we’re after is:

- a client/server timesheets system that one can input (project-based) times either via a web browser (bit like http://www.clicktime.com/timesheet-demo1.asp) and/or with a simple app (most current apps are too complex or seem to be aimed at one-man-bands, with hourly rates included, or automatic timers, neither of which are that useful in a medium/large business)
- an management app that you can use to create timesheet reports and add hourly charge out rates, etc., do the payroll and all other accounting stuff.
- ideally it would all be packaged in such a way as to be ready for any national market
- you could maybe start it all off as just a timesheets app?

Pretty please....

Well, you can come close to what you describe with software from Replicon. It has a very good interface for tracking projects and preparing related data for client billing. It includes automatic export to QuickBooks, and there's an API tool that lets you set up export to nearly all other applications. The software is web-based.

I would love to see a finance package from The Omni Group, especially if several people access it. I'd happily pay $250+ for each version of it; iPhone and iPad apps would be fantastic. I love all of The Omni Group applications.