The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just had an inspiration (happens often when using Omnigraffle).

Whenever I'm editing text inside shapes I frequently have to go to the text inspector to change some aspect. When I get the inspector open I have to switch from style to text or from wherever else I am in the inspector to text. What if Omnigraffle kept track of what I was doing and showed me the text inspector by default whenever I'm editing text and the shape inspector whenever I have a shape selected etc.?

This would save time and help new users. Would it take more processing power? I don't know, but if I was a programmer I would be excited to try to make something like this work.

Cheers,
MST

Yes there's an increasing trend toward the customising the UI to the active selection (tho obviously it's been around in some form forever.)

I've pondered this for OG's UI myself but can see some situations where it might be less desirable. One option might be to make this an option; the most appropriate palette might be focussed when you clicked on an object with a certain modifier key, for instance.