The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Use Adobe PDF instead of WebKit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I would like to use the Adobe PDF-Plugin instead of the included WebKit-PDF-Plugin. I always have difficulties saving PDFs with the Webkit one. Also the Adobe PDF-Plugin gives me more options.
How do I change the standard plugin (if it is possible after all)?

Thx,
Jan

P.S.: I read in a thread about an pdf-behaviour option in the preferences in OW 5.7. But where do I get V. 5.7? As far as I know 5.6 is the current version, isnīt it?

5.7 Sneaky Peeks are available here:
http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

You should however be able to install the Adobe PDF browser and have it work in OmniWeb without needing to do anything. Do you have the adobe plug-in installed already and it still isn't working?

Hi troyb,

thank you for your advice. I had to repair my Acrobat installation some days ago and it seems that it deactivated the pdf-plugin. I turned it on again and everything is working fine.

I will definitely test out the sneakypeek version.

Thx,
Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTo View Post
Hi troyb,

thank you for your advice. I had to repair my Acrobat installation some days ago and it seems that it deactivated the pdf-plugin. I turned it on again and everything is working fine.

I will definitely test out the sneakypeek version.

Thx,
Jan
You should consider the Adobe Acrobat Reader running on Leopard as a "beta" or "alpha". It is a huge program and Adobe didn't yet announce a Leopard version.

Just in case if you do critical things with Acrobat Plugin.