The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus as notes/outline tool Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It does help. I think this can actually work for me.
Thanks a lot :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonkeyjohn View Post
It does help. I think this can actually work for me.
Thanks a lot :)
I am very glad to hear that. I am curious to compare any tiny tricks you develop as you actually use OF for note taking.

Imlad.

I have OF open all day on two desktops and a laptop, and snippets I find on the web, or notes on a phone call etc just get put in and flagged. When I am really digging for a particular project I use Devonthink Pro Office and store info into a structured system in there.

I do an OF sweep as a routine every day and tidy the snippets, one or two are suitable for keeping there and they go into a helpful notes context in a Someday/maybe folder.

I also transfer notes of the 'not a lot of people know that' type which might be handy at times when I'm at a meeting into Notational Velocity. This goes straight onto my iphone, this has enabled me to be really irritating by having statistics to hand when a laptop would be a problem. I haven't got an ipad yet, its the first time I haven't jumped in on day one for years. I'm trying to wait for the isight.

All of the above live on Dropbox and play nicely.

Peter

Quote:
<<I find this, so far, to be a very good and convenient system. The one draw-back is that once I drag a tasks away, my notes for the meeting are no longer complete. This may turn out to be immaterial, but I like to be able to look at the minutes from a meeting and review them as a whole.>>
I've just come across this thread, which is now more than one year old -- late to the party.

To keep your meeting notes intact, hold down the Option key while dragging the task to another OF folder. In OSX, the Option key usually copies an item to a new location.

I'm increasingly also using OF to store notes. Mainly contact / call reports with clients I meet.

I also use single action list extensively to store names of GTD books I like. After I read the book, i will then paste the key learning points into a note field for that particular book.

THis is on TOP of everything i have in my head (buy milk, schedule meeting with tom, [name of cool song], etc. Which first go to inbox, follwoed by daily cleanup into project / contexts.