The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How can I view tasks that are starting tomorrow? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OmniFocus for about 3 months in this way:

1. Every morning at 8 am I view Today to see all tasks that I want to start working on/complete today. On the rare occasion that a task needs to start at a specific time, I send it to Fantastical. There are several tasks I do every day (record daily expenses, review schoolwork/check homework, process email) that I have not added to OmniFocus;

2. When things pop into my head during the day, I use Quick Entry to add them to my inbox;

3. Between 9 and 10 pm I process my inbox. I assign start dates to all tasks, I rarely use due dates.

When processing my inbox at night I would like to be able to see all tasks that are scheduled to start tomorrow. If I know how many tasks are on my plate for tomorrow, I can better process my inbox, and not add too many new things for tomorrow.

Is there a way to view tomorrow's tasks today?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

If you create a context view perspective with the following criteria set:
Group by: Start, Sort by: Due, Any Status: Remaining, Any Status, Any Duration

You will get a nice list sorted as follows:

Collapse all the groups but 'Start tomorrow' (all the groups are collapsed in the screen shot above), save the view as a perspective, and you are all set.

Thank you so very much. It worked perfectly.