The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site-specific prefs: JavaScript and CSS Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, I like the concept of site-specific preferences a lot, and I really like the ability to create custom stylesheets for sites that I frequent to remove ads, make them more readable, etc. I have two requests that would really take this feature over the top, and let me do all sorts of great customization:

1. Site-specific javascript to run onLoad. There are a host of sites that I read where the first thing I do whenever the page loads is click two or three bookmarklets to remove annoying aspects of the page or make them behave properly in OmniWeb. It would be great if I could tell OmniWeb to run some JavaScript *for* me once a page loads. Think of all the great things people could do with this!

2. Make the site-specific CSS (and JavaScript if you add it) be able to be stored in an external file, or simply typed into a nice TextArea and stored in the OmniWeb application resources, so that I don't have to create a bunch of files on my filesystem to store all this site specific stuff.

Thanks! OmniWeb is, by and large, a pleasure to use!

One similar thing that I would like to be able to do is to have more fine-grained control over, say javascript. For instance, if I go to money.cnn.com, there is javascript showing up from symbolcomplete.money.cnn.com, i.a.cnn.net, js.adsonar.com, i.cnn.net, custom.marketwatch.com, and ar.atwola.com. I would like to accept only some of that, rather than all of it (off the top of my head, I wouldn't want the adsonar.com or atwola.com stuff).

You could set up rules in ad blocking to block stuff from those servers.

Last edited by Handycam; 2007-10-26 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: typo