The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task Templates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have certain actions that I do regularly, that have multiple stages to them. Is there any way to create a sort of "template" that can add sub-tasks to a task when it's created?

So, I can create a task that says, "Integrate domains with subelement window". Under it, I'd like to create, "Add notice to changelog", and, "Write documentation". For every action that I add via the "code" template, these separate actions that are always required would be added. ... because if I'm doing many such things, I might forget to do note one change, etc, and can later pull up everything in the "changelog" context when I'm going over it. Etc.

There's Curt's script...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
There's Curt's script...
Oh, interesting. I'll check that out. Thanks!

Curt's script works very well. I use it frequently.

It does work well, but it's not what I'm looking for; I was looking more for "action groups" then creation of a project. I work more in "compound tasks", which may not be a GTD thing-- but oh well-- but makes sense in my mind. I don't want them to be a Project, as they're /in/ projects.

I might have one small change to do; to make it into a project breaks my brain. But as a result of the one small thing, there's two (sometimes three, in a different type of template) subsequent small things I have to do after. So they logically, in my mind, fit 'under' that original task.

Additionally, clicking on the template-project in the project view, then the clone button, then having to move it to where it should be, is a lot of work and means I can't use Quick Entry. Which I love.

I was more thinking I could Quick Entry something, then later when I'm in the inbox sorting a bit, I could have a button that adds these sub-tasks to what I have selected.

Hm. I might try to AppleScript it myself. I suck at AppleScript, but maybe I can tear into Carl's to get ideas on how to work it :)