The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filter by Start Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't seem to figure out a way to view actions for a specific start date. The closest I've gotten is to make a context perspective grouped by start, but that just shows me today, tomorrow, within the next week, etc.

It would be nice to be able to just look at a specific date. For example, if I need to look at a future date to schedule something, it would be nice to see exactly how much I have going on that day so that I can move start dates around. Better yet, it would be awesome to have a calendar with side by side actions for each date to quickly get an idea of which days have too many actions and which don't have enough, but it looks like iCal integration isn't supported anymore. Right now, when I'm scheduling start dates, it's kind of arbitrary without much idea of where to slot them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pNuker View Post
if I need to look at a future date to schedule something, it would be nice to see exactly how much I have going on that day so that I can move start dates around.
But how can you tell how much is going on at the future date? Sure, there may be several tasks starting then, but you wouldn't have any idea how many tasks already started are still in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
But how can you tell how much is going on at the future date? Sure, there may be several tasks starting then, but you wouldn't have any idea how many tasks already started are still in progress.
Well, I tend not to have very many tasks that take more than one day, so that's not an issue

I wonder if there's any way to export to a calendar? Doesn't necessarily have to be iCal or even have any synchronization functionality. Just to get a quick overall view of everything in a calendar type format. I started messing around with the html export, but couldn't really figure anything out...

Ah ha, I believe I found what I've been looking for - forecast view. I saw an iPad screenshot of it reading an article from tim stringer. Now the problem is, I can't seem to find that view in the mac version...how can I get the forecast view to work?

We'll be adding forecast view to a future release of OmniFocus for Mac, but it's currently only available in the iOS apps...

Ok, thanks for the info Brian. Any estimate on when the new version may be released?