The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

site specfic prefs per hostname Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Omnigroup,
I use omniweb for a lot of internal sites and they all share the same domain. It would be nice to have the site specific preferences apply to different hosts that are in the same domain.

An editable field would work or some other mechanism to dial it in would be nice.

Example.

mail.washington.company.com - I want to spoof IE6 windows
intermapper.washington.company.com - needs to spoof firefox

This should probably be under feature requests.

That being said, I concur completely. For me, having any Google domain sharing the same preference diminishes the effect of having site preferences in the first place.

Not a priority, however.

Sounds like what you're asking for is that the site prefs apply to subdomains. I could use that too, but it would need to be a site pref itself. Some sites use many different subdomains.

Yes, sub domains. Would this be that difficult to implement?

ah crap,
I thought this was posted under feature requests..