The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for iPad is fantastic! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OmniFocus for iPad for a few days and the overall comment I have so far is WOW.

Thank you guys a lot for this piece of software - I did not suspect it to be that good before I tried it!

There are features I miss on Mac already:
- Forecast (very much appreciated feature perfectly suit for my workflow)
- Quick Entry window is even better than the Mac version (+1d, +1w, +1m options are extremely handy)

A a couple wishes for iPad version:
- Focus to function similarly to Mac version
- Collaps/extend all in Projects

A few observations of iPad version:
- How people use Maps feature in their workflow? Is it really useful or mainly marketing?
- When I substitute local database file with the one from iDisk during initial sync OmniFocus exits via crash - should be a more elegant solution.

I will be more specific later - too emotional still.

Overall fantastic job creating a suitable interface for a handheld computer.

FANTASTIC!

I think some of the things you asked for can already be done.

To focus on a project or context, simply click and hold on the project name (in the right hand pane) and "focus" will be one of the options.

Also you can expand/collapse all by clicking and holding the arrow on the right of an entry (aslo in the right hand pane).

Hope that helps.

--Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarelick View Post
I think some of the things you asked for can already be done.

To focus on a project or context, simply click and hold on the project name (in the right hand pane) and "focus" will be one of the options.

Also you can expand/collapse all by clicking and holding the arrow on the right of an entry (aslo in the right hand pane).

Hope that helps.

--Steve
Steve,

If i focus on a project and go to contexts that focus is no longer active - I see all the actions for all the projects. But similarly to Mac version I expect to see actions grouped by contexts for the focused project only. That is exactly what I'm asking for. Currently it reminds me "select" but not "focus" behavior.

Collapse/expand all - found it. Thanks!

Last edited by makesense; 2011-01-06 at 09:48 PM..