The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation thru columns using tab key Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi:

I'm a fairly new user of OmniOutliner, but think it's great. One thing I keep messing up, though, is I instinctively use the tab key to navigate the insertion point from one column to the next (a'la Excel). But, of course, that doesn't work the same in OmniOutliner and changes my nesting instead. I know the proper way to navigate between the columns is with the arrow keys. But is there any other way? Reaching down for the right arrow takes longer and is not intuitive. I'd rather use tab to navigate, and perhaps option-tab to do the nesting commands. Is that possible?

-Randy

you can change the function of the tab key in your Preferences. Under the keyboard section you can choose it to function the way that you're expecting and then use Command-[ or Command-] to outdent/indent

Awesome - thanks. Don't know how I missed that...!