The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

how does OW rate? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/31/2256203

Some other browsers interrogated for cookie management. Anyone savvy enough to apply this method to OW?

i read the white paper cited in your link.
i do like cookie management being site specific in OW but the main security issue in the article regards the fact that the browser user is not informed by the browser that some widely used plug-ins keep their own cookies which are not deleted in private mode.
with this in mind your question I think would offer no distinction from other webkit based browsers like devonagent or safari.
it seems that, for instance, a flash plug-in cookie made in opera might be read in a later session using omniweb at another site.
what would be really needed here is a utility that cleans cookies out of the flash plug-in. did I understand your question correctly?
i have a haxie in safari that disables flash and i often use that to avoid animated ads. i only turn flash on when i need to see a video like at the nytimes.com or youtube.