The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Carrying your GTD system with you Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thinking Rock's answer to synch is to export an xml

But then I tend to forget to do the export. So I wind up with two out-of-synch systems. Plus my Treo.

Now if OF could save to a web directory, that would be a cool way to synch home computer with the Evil Day Job from Hell. It does nothing for my Treo but I suppose that will have to wait.

The new www.isync.com software, seems to do what everyone is asking for Web based data, pocketmod etc. maybe the developers should link up with them and then the two programs would give us a working solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbar
Just wanted to add my voice to those asking for omnifocus to get some kind of a "print as hipster pda".
I hate doing a sync between my palm and my mac, and while trying to work a way to create some way to make a hard copy of my calendar and to-dos (from ical and omnioutliner - kGTD) and I found no way to do it :-(

Ziv

Yea me too, Loving that PocketMod, So a Hipster print out would be cool. the number of printed contexts would be limited by the folding mechanism to 8 (sounds like enough to me, if you are selective)

Im not too bothered how, but want it mobile in a quick and easy fashion, weather thats through Ical + Phone or Ipod syncing or paper based doesnt really bother me!

Another vote here for some sort of PocketMod or hPDA printing from OmniFocus.

Print the contexts that are relevant based on the users selection, then give some on-the-road-inbox space to write things down. I don't mind typing in a few things to the app once I get back to my computer.

Currently I'm using OO with a hipster for when I'm away from my computer. Manually writing out the cards and adding things back that I think of while away from the computer is a chore....100% manual syncing. Cutting that down to just typing in things I think of while away would be great.

I wonder with the 2.0 version of OF and the new Notes system in Mail for Leopard if you'll be able to sync OF up with Mail in Leopard so .Mac email users can see their contexts in .Mac's webmail wherever they are at. Its hard to think of a universal solution currently, short of Omni building an ajaxy web based version of OF as well for users to sync with

For all of you wanting PocketMod, it might be more reasonable to suggest that OmniFocus support PagePacker.

fideli

PS: This is my first post to the forums after downloading the OmniFocus build, and I have to point out that I find it a bit ironic that the message box toolbar is a carbon copy of WinWord.

I use a Palm with DateBk6, and find that environment overall very nice. I do most of my entry in the Palm, not Palm Desktop. Up until a few days ago, I'd been using the Palm conduits, and that has worked well for many years. Since I'm beginning to use OmniFocus, I bought Missing Sync for Palm 6.0 so that I could sync OF <--> iCal <--> DateBk6 and (the Palm) To Do List, as well as Mark/Space Notebook <--> Palm Memos. Unfortunately it has been a total disaster (nothing related to OF), and many others on the Mark/Space forum have reported the same kinds of problems all over the board. Since MS 6.0 is new, the bugs may get worked out, but the pain of about 6 hours of trying to get this stuff to work is almost enough to make me cough up for an iPhone, although the service is costly, and I'm still not clear on how easy input into iCal etc. will be on the iPhone.

DateBk6 works very well for me, but I can't live with endless sync nightmares (that Missing Sync is causing), and want to use OF. Am I missing any other options? thanks

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat
Love my Treo and being able to sync Omnif* with it would be grand. Definitely gets my vote. (Not sure Omni is a democracy and / or republic, though...) ;)
We're a little more like an absolute oligarchy that tries to take into consideration the requests of the people (as demonstrated on this messageboard and in your emails). So keep the requests and complaints coming.

Last edited by Lizard; 2007-06-25 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: forgot the quote the first time

I love to go geek whenever i can, but i really like the idea of a pagepacker/pocketmod hard copy for 'disconnected' activity. This does not need to exclude some other sync method through the air/wire to other devices, but it is really simple.

Perhaps implement it via a gui button that is preconfigured with printer setup options (paper size A4/US/etc) so when you want a print dump you just ding that icon. Limit the output to 1 page printed out as projects or as contexts.

The sexy sync stuff would be nice, but how many options are there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozz View Post
Im not too bothered how, but want it mobile in a quick and easy fashion, weather thats through Ical + Phone or Ipod syncing or paper based doesnt really bother me!
I just wrote a script to sync to iPod. You could give it a try.

Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fideli View Post
For all of you wanting PocketMod, it might be more reasonable to suggest that OmniFocus support PagePacker.
OK, that app looks extremely cool. I haven't touched PocketMod in since it seems like development has stallled, so it's great to see that someone picked up the slack, at least on the Mac side!

(Am I glad I saved my PocketMod custom templates as Illustrator files...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fideli View Post
PS: This is my first post to the forums after downloading the OmniFocus build, and I have to point out that I find it a bit ironic that the message box toolbar is a carbon copy of WinWord.
Why would that be ironic?