The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Progressbar meter GTD in OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello. Is it a good place to view property development?
Is it possible to do their status or purpose (progress meter or percent) of the task performed? Something similar as below. It can be very useful

I think some sort of "in progress" indicator is a good idea.
I'd prefer something that takes up less screen real estate than the progress bar example... especially at the runway level of specific Actions... perhaps a variation of the tick check box. Rather than just ticked or not ticked... ie: completed or not completed... there could be some simple visual indicator of a task having been started or attempted... eg: a phone call where the other party didn't pick up or I left a voicemail and am expecting a return call. Perhaps one click to turn the check box a different shape or colour and a quick double click to tick it as completed. I've found there are many actions that I've had a go at and for some reason they are still in progress or I have to try again... but I don't want to have to go to the bother of writing a note or completing one action and creating a subsequent one... or set arbitrary later times or dates... especially if I come back to it a few hours later. The visually changed check box would be enough to remind me that it is an action already in play.
I've used a few apps that have had this kind of option.. I think Now Up-to-Date might have had a drop-menu in its to-dos.. and it is quite useful.
Perhaps liwiusz_amoniusz' example of the progress bar could be applied to Projects.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited by watchit; 2010-03-02 at 01:37 PM..