The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New User with a few questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just purchased omni plan and am trying to learn my way around it. There are a couple of things I cannot work out (probably just not setting it up right) I searched through the forums but can't work out for example

I have 3 employees, subcontractors, equipment and materials.
I have managed to set up a project with dependancies but when I assign the subcontractor to a task the correct cost comes up, but when I assign the other employees the cost lessens, not by the whole amount just $20.00 to each employee I assign, it is obviously supposed to add up the costs given that 4 staff will be there all day, do I change the percentage?

Also as soon as I assign another worker it adds another day, do I have to group these 4 workers?

When I add a material like the water feature for example it adds it to the gantt chart as time, but it is a material.

Sorry for all the questions but I can see this will end up a great programme for my business.
Any help would be appreciated.

If you've set your materials resources as type material, they shouldn't affect the effort or duration values of your tasks.

As for the changing costs, it is a little hard to be certain without looking at your plan. The amount wouldn't necessarily change much as more people are added as the amount of hours of work done stays the same.

If you need a guaranteed response (and especially with queries where seeing your plan would be helpful) it's a good idea to use Help->Send Feedback (or email omniplan@omnigroup.com) to make sure the Omni support crew sees the query. The forum is for users to help each other out, talk about practices, etc. and not a guaranteed way to get your problem seen by anyone at Omni, whereas the email/Send Feedback route should always get you a response.