The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Project Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a number of recurring projects that I keep in OmniFocus, but I'm struggling with the Inspector's lack of granular detail.

What I need is to repeat these particular projects on a regular schedule, i.e. the 4th Tuesday of each month. Currently I can only configure a repeat every "insert period of time here," start again or due again "insert period of time here."

As a result I rely on iCal to set these reminders, which is self-defeating as these are not iCal appointments but OmniFocus projects. Any suggestions on how I can set my repeats for a precise day of the week, not calendar date per month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsilber View Post
What I need is to repeat these particular projects on a regular schedule, i.e. the 4th Tuesday of each month. Currently I can only configure a repeat every "insert period of time here," start again or due again "insert period of time here."
Well, that is a regular schedule according to the dictionary:
arranged in or constituting a constant or definite pattern, esp. with the same space between individual instances
Right now, there isn't built-in support in OmniFocus for setting repeats as you wish, as you've noticed. You can put in a request with Help->Send Feedback and bump the priority of such a feature up a bit — feature requests with more popular backing tend to be favored over those with fewer proponents, all else being equal.

One way to work around the lack of such scheduling is to do the scheduling yourself, and not have the projects repeat. Rather, you duplicate the project a bunch of times (maybe do a year's worth), and set start and due dates on each one. In the last one, add a reminder to create another batch.