The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LaunchBar support + Growl notification Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

As a LaunchBar user, I'm often disappointed to see so much third party support for QuickSilver and so little attention paid to LaunchBar. Well, here's one solution to that problem: I modified the built-in QuickSilver script to work with LaunchBar.

To use, just add it to your configuration. Then call it up in LB, hit space, type your action (format: action > project @ context, or combination thereof), and press return. If you have Growl installed, it will notify you that the action has been created.

While I was messing with Growl, I added support to the original QuickSilver script and to Curt Clifton's Mail integration script (thanks for that Curt, it's perfect for my needs!).

Modified scripts are attached.

Brendan
Attached Files
File Type: zip OmniFocus Mail.zip (11.7 KB, 1515 views)
File Type: zip OmniFocus QuickSilver.zip (15.7 KB, 1511 views)
File Type: zip OmniFocus LaunchBar.zip (15.8 KB, 2401 views)

Last edited by bdonohoe; 2007-08-06 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Updated LaunchBar script to remove debugging line.

That’s cool! Thank you!
Does it support the latest release (4.3) of LB?

Yes, it works with 4.3. I'm not sure how far behind version 4.3 it will work, but surely not earlier than version 4.

The download-links don't work.
I am required to login an then sent back to where I came from.
Tipps, alternative download-links?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansdorsch View Post
The download-links don't work.
I am required to login an then sent back to where I came from.
Tipps, alternative download-links?

Thanks
I just downloaded without any problems from the links provided.

I'm new to LaunchBar and embarrassed to say I can't figure out where to put this script or how to call it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrump View Post
I'm new to LaunchBar and embarrassed to say I can't figure out where to put this script or how to call it?
I just put it in one of my documents folders that LaunchBar's already indexing.

Since the file's called "Add OmniFocus Action.scpt", I now just type "aoa" to find the script, then press <space> to activate the text entry box, and then just type in the action I want added.

This is an awesome script. I made one minor change to it allowing it to be used with Keyboard Maestro, FastScripts and maybe every other AppleScript roundhouse-kick solution out there.
It would be selfish to keep it just for me. So I'm sharing it with the OmniFocus community.

Oops forgot the credits. With help from halbtuerke who pointed me to this site.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Add OmniFocus Action.scpt.zip (19.0 KB, 1342 views)

Last edited by Zettt; 2010-05-23 at 10:36 AM..

This is a very cool script. And a few years back I did use the QuickSilver script to do this. However, with the Quick Add window available as a global keystroke, I am not sure, what is the value of this script?

I am just curious about workflow with it?