The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Exporting to Microsoft Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am exporting a files to Microsoft Project using the XML exporter.

When the recipient tries to open the file using create new project the following error message appears:

The element <Name> in the <Task> element with <UID>=7 has invalid data.

When the recipient tries to open the file and append or merge it with an existing empty project the file imports but all the tasks are strange - with summary tasks not reflecting the length of the sub-tasks within them.

We have looked at the XML and it seems well formed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Brendan

I don't have an idea on the solution, but which version of MP are you using?

It was a corrupt task line (not sure how that happened) and deleting the task and re-rentering it fixed it.

I had the same issue and it turns out a simple carriage return on the Task Name. Actually MS Project does not allow any Return or Enter as part of task name.