The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing the location of "Omnifocus Backups" directory Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After installation, Omnifocus placed its backups in the "Omnifocus Backups" directory within the Documents folder. I didn't want it there, so I created a folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Omnifocus called "Backups". I then changed its location in the Omnifocus preferences. Everything is working correctly but I was wondering if this would create a problem later. 1) Because I manually created a folder in the Omnifocus folder in Library, a directory created specifically for the applications use. Also from what I understand people generally aren't supposed to manipulate any files and folders within the Library folder, Im not changing anything, just added, so I didn't see a problem, but I thought I would post here just to make sure. Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

Scott,

That's OK. That is actually the default location for backups in the Mac App Store of OmniFocus. (Mac App Store guidelines required us to use a different default location for that edition, but we didn't want to move backups for people using the factory default setting for the direct from Omni edition.)

Jim

Last edited by Jim Correia; 2012-04-01 at 08:48 PM..