The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to organize your files corresponding to OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
However, what I've been trying to implement in the past few weeks which has been very successful so far has been to think about what title I really wanted to give a note or a file in Evernote or NotationalVelocity/SimpleNote.
This is exactly what I mean: 99% of times, giving a right title to an item plus the content of the item itself seems to make tags unecessary.

Quote:
(mirroring my system across all software pieces has been very effective in this respect, however much resistance I initially felt about having lots of folders for projects in Evernote).
I use evernote like a very simple capture tool, not for organizing, just because it hasn't a folder organization, but I can see how it could work well in a situation without folders. It is a very powerful tool and I like the iPad version very much.

Quote:
I'm a gadget freak
Sounds familiar... :-)

Quote:
(I've essentially decided not to buy any software that doesn't have an iOS counterpart).
I have to say that this is a limitation for me as well, but I prefer to have a very robust tool to be my main archive in just one place instead of accept compromises to have it on all my devices. In addition, I'm not sure to stay with iOS forever. I don't like my iPhone, while I love my iPad, but I think that in the near future many other tablets will born, and they will be very interesting.
(but I have no problem to choose a mac software like devonthink, because I think it's very difficult I can switch back to windows)

Bye,
Francesco