The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

WebDAV sync works locally but not remotely Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I've set up a webDAV server as per the instructions here

OmniFocus desktop will happily sync to it, and so will my iPhone if it is on the local network. However, if the iPhone is off-network it gives this error:
Unable to synchronise database with server.

Unable to perform WebDAV operation.

The [removed].dyndns.org server returned "gateway timed out" (504) in response to a request to PROPFIND /webdav/OmniFocus.ofocus
I believe that my router is set up correctly - I am forwarding HTTP requests to the Mac that is hosting the WebDAV server. I am suspicious that o2 (the UK provider) might be blocking certain ports.

How would I go about troubleshooting my setup? Just trying to connect to [removed].dyndns.org with a browser gives a timeout too, but that's really as far as my clue-stick reaches. What else can I try?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	timeout.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	726