The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Update to Lion/10.7 disables mail clipping [A: reinstall plugin from OF's prefs] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
dmfresco, see this post for information on why you're getting that 'disabled plugin' message in Mail.

I'm not sure why Mail is crashing when installing the plugin - if you email our support ninjas, we'd love to investigate, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
dmfresco, see this post for information on why you're getting that 'disabled plugin' message in Mail.

I'm not sure why Mail is crashing when installing the plugin - if you email our support ninjas, we'd love to investigate, though.
Brian,

The disk image idea did not work. Still get this crash from Omnifocus.

For example, “I tried to drag the framistan onto the hee-whackity, the application didn't respond for about 10 seconds, and then it crashed. This is the third time it has crashed while I was trying to do the same thing, and it only started happening since I installed CrashDoubler 7.8!”

Also, Mail is not crashing. It just gives a warning that it has disabled a plugin.

I do have the GrowlMail bundle working just fine.

So to summarize, something about Omnifocus 1.9.2 cannot place the bundle in the Mail folder under OS X Lion. Also, manually dragging the bundle from a Snow Leopard machine and placing it in the same folder as the GrowlMail bundle causes Mail to disable OF but not GM.

Is it possible to download a fresh copy of the bundle and attempt a manual install?

Last edited by dmfresco; 2011-08-04 at 02:54 AM..

That text you quote about the framistan and the hee-whackity is not the actual error message. That's just some silly text we included as an example of the info you might want to send us.

For some people, OmniFocus crashes while installing the clip-o-tron because they don't have write permissions on the Mail folder in their Library. Here's how to fix this on Lion (which hides your Library from Finder):

- Open Finder
- In the menubar, select Go>Go To Folder...
- Enter "~/Library/Mail"
- Right-click on the Bundles folder and select "Get Info"
- In the Permissions section of that window, make sure you have read and write access to that folder

If that still isn't working, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com so we can work with you more directly to resolve this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
That text you quote about the framistan and the hee-whackity is not the actual error message. That's just some silly text we included as an example of the info you might want to send us.

For some people, OmniFocus crashes while installing the clip-o-tron because they don't have write permissions on the Mail folder in their Library. Here's how to fix this on Lion (which hides your Library from Finder):

- Open Finder
- In the menubar, select Go>Go To Folder...
- Enter "~/Library/Mail"
- Right-click on the Bundles folder and select "Get Info"
- In the Permissions section of that window, make sure you have read and write access to that folder

If that still isn't working, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com so we can work with you more directly to resolve this issue.

Eureka!!! Thanks! However, attachments from Mail are not being included in OF's Inbox.

Last edited by dmfresco; 2011-08-04 at 06:40 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
It is a problem with the MailTags 3.0 preview and the MailTags clipper script in OmniFocus. I've discussed this with the MailTags developer to see if the problem is with the script or with MailTags, but for now uncheck the 'Mail with MailTags' option in the Clippings preference.
Hello there,

I'm using the English-Only-Version of OmniFocus, without MailTags being installed, on Lion too. I get the same problem as described earlier resulting in the Subject line of the newly created task being empty and an Apple-Script-Error displayed in OF.

Thanks for any help,

-- Alex

Last edited by Alex Asteroth; 2011-08-09 at 08:20 AM..

@walterbriggs - a belated thanks for your response!

I was having this same problem and unchecking the Mail with mail Tags worked.

Hi everyone -

Just a quick note that today's Lion update disables the Omnifocus plugin. So, you'll need to go into Omnifocus preferences and reinstall the Clip-o-Tron 3000.