The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will there be "proper" .Mac - support? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please add my vote for .Mac sync capability. I'm probably in the same boat as other people (i.e., 2 macs, one of them portable)...especially if that portable is the new MacBook Air. --thanks.

While I'd like to access OmniFocus on both my laptop and desktop Apples, it's hard to think of anything relying on .Mac Sync as a "trusted system," per GTD and the previous post in this thread.

Therefore, for now I've deleted the OmniFocus application from my desktop computer, and will just use OmniFocus on my laptop. I am storing the data file in my iDisk, so if my laptop were to go AWOL, I would have a recent copy of the OmniFocus file to use from my desktop machine.

It seems that'll have to do for now. (Though Yojimbo manages the trick... ["Location independent access—use .Mac Sync Services and enjoy the same Yojimbo satori at home and at the office"])

Thanks!

I'm voting for syncing too. As of now, I copy the library to my server then download it to my other machine. I'd like an easier way, webdav or .mac doesn't matter.

But my vote is to sync. Or my 5-pack family of votes. ;-)

OK, I'm going to be a "me-too"-er here. I'm quite willing to live with the potential problems of .Mac to be able to have a synchronization method available that works like everything else I need to sync between my laptop and desktop. As it is, I can't leave OF open on my desktop all the time, and I'm therefore forgetting things that I need to get done, like my homework assignments for school.

Please, please, please, include .Mac sync in a future update. The sooner, the better from my perspective.

Yet another request for .Mac sync functionality.

With a not really complex 2 folder, and multiple projects - syncing with iCal between 3 computers is near impossible.

Yet another request for proper .mac synchronization.

It works great with Yojimbo. In fact, it's amazing how great it works with Yojimbo. Same goes for ical and address book and all the other good stuff. As anyone that uses multiple macs can attest to, it's just great when everything just works.

That being said, trying to keep a laptop, home desktop, and work desktop all syncing with many projects and contexts using the iCal method is impossible.

C'mon Omni, you guys are great app builders...surely you can get this piece working too!

yeah, I should have added in my post above that I use .mac sync with both mac and non-mac apps and I've never had an issue of data loss. as aggressively as OF backs up its database, the risk seems small to me, and it's outweighed enormously by the benefit.

Message received. ;-)

Closing this thread in accordance with this other thread.