The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb-related insomnia? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm in the middle of trying to diagnose some intermittent insomnia on my iBook (12" January 2006 model). It appears to be related to Omniweb in that at times I can cure it by quitting Omniweb, changing to a different workspace, or closing specific windows. The pages that appear to cause the problem appear to be java-heavy video-related pages (eg YouTube).

As the problem is intermittent (and seems to crop up when I don't have the time to sit down and diagnose it) I am very vague on all of the above, and wasn't going to report anything until I had harder evidence. I've now found someone who appears to have had similar problems, here:

http://tinyurl.com/pfer8

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Got any more specifics to help report this as a bug (or rule it out as one) before officially reporting it (or not) to Omnigroup?

I've seen this behaviour both on the latest official release and the latest sneaky peek (as of 9th July).

Please be aware I may be on a wild goose chase and this may have nothing to do with Omniweb at all. I have my suspicions that the background monitor for Missing Sync (Palm) may be involved instead / as well.

Thanks,
-zoara-