The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zoom keyboard shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to be able to Zoom using the keyboard. When I use the Alt-Cmd-= and Alt-Cmd-- I get the Apple Zoom, not Omnigraffle Zoom. I am using Universal Access to allow the use of Keyboard to control menus.

This occurs in OG 4 and OG5B5.

Is this the correct behaviour, is there other ways to Zoom the same way as the button in the bottom left of the OG screen that uses 100 /200/400 percent ?

Thanks in advance.

You can change the shortcuts for the zoom in OmniGraffle by using the System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard shortcuts. I would add e.g. control to the three keys or, replace alt with control.

Thankyou, but this would change the settings for OS X, I would prefer to change the Zoom keys for OG5 so that I can use the Page Zoom rather than the Screen Zoom.

You mis-understand. Change the settings for OmniGraffle's keyboard shortcuts for zooming, not for the system zooming. Watch this film here to see how to do it (~12MB).

Edit: Oops, I forgot to check if it had uploaded or not before posting - if it isn't showing for you try again later... it's still uploading as of this moment in time!

Last edited by JKT; 2008-01-14 at 10:22 AM..

Hmm, I'm having problems uploading the film to my iDisk, so try this link to my ftp site instead, which is working.

Absolutely awesome. I am hugely indebted to you for making that video because I did not realise that you could add shortcuts for a specific application from the global system preferences.

I really appreciate your help.

No problem. Glad to help out.

Here's a question - can you create a shortcut for a nested command? Such as:

Edit > Copy As > PDF

Same principle. If you already have some shortcuts created for OmniGraffle (Pro), select it in the relevant part of sys prefs>keyboard and mouse, click the + and for the Menu title input the title of the nested menu item, in this case:

PDF

Choose your keyboard shortcut (n.b. this gets trickier the more you add, and I strongly advise you to look and see what is already there under each menu in OmniGraffle - and in your Services menu too - to make sure that you aren't creating a conflict with your Services or removing the shortcut from a different entry).

Anyway, here's what you end up with:

Thanks a lot, JKT. For some reason I thought naming the menu item was more complicated (I tried "Copy As > PDF" before). Got it working!