The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Are these bugs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have 2 issues that I have come across and am not sure if these are known bugs.
first my forecast view badge is red and shows 5 overdue actions, but on the left side of the screen only 1 action is re, overdue and 2 are orange, the rest are all gray. Where could the other 4 overdues be?

Second, how do you reorder an action list in a project, when I tap on an action in a list, it brings up the cut/copy/paste black pop-up, i don't seem to be able to get the reorder bars to appear. Am i not doing something right here?
Thanks for any help
Victor

Click on the edit button at the top of the screen when you've focussed on a project and you can re-order the actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1 View Post
I have 2 issues that I have come across and am not sure if these are known bugs.
first my forecast view badge is red and shows 5 overdue actions, but on the left side of the screen only 1 action is re, overdue and 2 are orange, the rest are all gray. Where could the other 4 overdues be?
One of two things is likely going on here. If upon further inspection, neither of these explanations is correct, we'd love to have you contact support for some further troubleshooting though!

The point of ambiguity is where you're seeing the red five badge (it's not entirely clear from your explanation).

1) If you're seeing it in the sidebar, then the likely explanation is that you have a total of 5 overdue and due soon actions with at least one of those being overdue. We color that sidebar badge for the worst case scenario, so you can see at a glance that you have something overdue that requires your attention. If you tap through the days of the week in forecast, you should be able to track down those overdue and due soon actions. For now, we wanted to keep the interface clean and did not implement split badges for this case.

2) If you're seeing the red 5 badge above a particular day, then the likely explanation is that you're looking at the today section and you have 5 total actions listed that have a due date within that 24 hour period. Again, we color for the worst case scenario, so if only one of those is already overdue, the badge will be colored red. Because it's a forecast of the day's work, we also count those gray (future start date) tasks in the badge. Imagine if you only had tasks that had a future start date, in the forecast you'd want to see those in the counts so you could plan your day for the projected work load. Again, we wanted to keep the badging simple and did not provide split badges that might show you the number of overdue/due soon/unavailable for a particular day.

Hope this helps clear things up, but don't hesitate to contact us if this doesn't explain your situation.

Thank you very much for the quick relies.
I now can reshuffle my actions which is great.
As well the red badge numbers were on the side bar, but now that I know that they represent the worst case scenario, things do make a lot of sense. I have just bought Omnifocus for iTouch so yes I'm very happy with the product, no bugs here!
Now for an unrelated question, being new to Apple, I love the way iPad anticipates what you are typing, and I know that I can turn it off all together, but is there a way to not accept a suggested word, without having to actually touch the little x on the screen? If I hit the space bar I do accept it, is the a secret key I can hit to not accept the suggested word?
Thanks
Victor

Assuming you have additional letters left to type in the word you have in mind, typing a letter that doesn't come next in the suggested word will have the effect of dismissing the suggested word and getting you closer to the end of the desired word :)

But what if you are on the last letter of your word, and the suggested word is different, then pressing spacebar inserts the incorrect suggested word. I find if you delete that newly inserted incorrect word, and the retype yor intended word, the suggested word does not come up a second type or at any time in the future, does that mean the system is learning the words you type?