The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Exporting only certain levels Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to export only certain levels, or alternatively to quickly delete a given level? For example, I have an outline that goes 5-6 levels deep, but I only want to export levels 1-3. Is there an easy way to get rid of levels 4-6?

Thank you.
Dave

That would be a handy feature, but I don't know any workaround. My understanding is you can only do that via Applescript - can anyone help by posting some code?
Thanks
Stefano

By export do you really mean using an export type? If so, what one? Unless it's dynamic html or OPML, it should only export what's visible. So if levels 4-6 are collapsed, they won't appear. There is a script available to expand/collapse your outline to a given level- http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...fulScripts.dmg

Derek, that's exactly what I had in mind. I didn't realize Export would work that way. I'm too used to Word, which seems to kick out everything no matter what you do.

Thank you to both of you.
Dave