The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Screenwriting apps suck Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was a long time user of Final Draft on OS X. Then I noticed that iWork's Pages app has a screenplay template. I've never looked back.

Just a thought....

I also own FD and hate it. For such a mature product it's clunky. I can't stand their copy protection. I've lost authorisations and had to found them unbending about it.

My biggest beef with Montage when it first came out was the lack of FD export... you need to be able to send them out in this business. The amount of reports is also the other weakness.

I rather liked the overall look of Montage (including those roundy rectangle scenes), I just wished it would function better and do a full FD export.

1. Bells-and-whistles and opensource: celtx
2. Super powerful and no distractions: emacs

Quote:
I've used Screenwriter, and it's got nothing like what I'm wanting. For example, I want to be able to create a named "section" out of a block of script elements and move it around in a playlist-like window, allowing me to rearrange a script's story on the fly by dragging sections around.
Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 does all this stuff. And rock-solid too. You can name any number of hierarchical "sections" from Act to Beat, & move 'em around at will. Moving the section heading moves all the rest of the stuff beneath it. Very useful.