The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Leveraging custom/user data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have created diagram using a custom graphical syntax. I would like to be able to change visual properties of certain elements using data key/data value pairs. E.g., I have the key 'optional': with possible values 'T/F'. I would like to set all the elements that are optional:T to be a certain color. Can I do this without AppleScript?

The closest I have found is the Canvas:Selection inspector, but it doesn't allow me to specify the key:value pairing (find all objects with key: optional and value: T).

My second question relates to changing an object's shape. If I select all 'diamond' shapes using the Canvas:Selection inspector, is there a way to change the shape to, e.g., a circle?

thanks.

You can accomplish the latter using the Lines and Shape Inspector after selecting in the Selection Inspector, however the former looks like it's going to require AppleScript (or possibly, a value that's more than just a single character).

Hope that helps,