The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync Prefs Pane is Greyed Out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omni guys, do you have an ETA on the fix for this? I've had a lovely afternoon wrestling with WebDAV only to find that OF is now refusing to play. I am now sitting in a cloud of very blue air.

Glad to see you are joining in with the spirit of the iPhone and MobileMe launches ;)

Restoring an old DB doesn't work for me. WebDav and iDisk are greyed out all the time.

E

I don't think we've collected enough information to figure out how to reproduce the problem, and until we reproduce it we won't know enough about what's going wrong to be able to fix it.

Is it always solved by quitting and relaunching?

Quitting and relaunching makes no difference for me, Ken. After restoring an old DB I had iDisk available but it crashed when I selected WebDav. I sent in a crash report, which I won't post here as it is big, but the start of the stack trace may help you find it in your system:

OmniGroup CrashCatcher Report for OmniFocus (1.1 sneakypeek (v77.5.0.102885) (Jul 15 2008))
Tue Jul 15 16:50:43 Europe/London 2008
10.5.4 -- 9E17
2 processors

Process: OmniFocus (1.1 sneakypeek (v77.5.0.102885) (Jul 15 2008))
exception = 0x00000001, code = 0x00000001;0xc3adcab7;

For what it's worth, Goliath crashes when I try to connect to my localhost WebDAV, so it may be an issue with the way I have WebDAV configured. Of course, this may not help pinpoint the greying out problem.

Just updated to latest release 77.7.0 102926, but greying problem still exists. Haven't tried to replicate the crash.

Cheers

Last edited by eddyb64; 2008-07-16 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: more info

I think I asked this earlier, but just to double-check:

Is it only grayed out when all of your document windows are closed? (You can open a new document window using Command-N.)

Where is the database you're synching from stored? Was it copied to
<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus when you upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1?

Ken: No, it is greyed out all the time, regardless of windows being open or not.

Brian: Yes, the DB appears to be in that directory. I assume it's called OmniFocus.ofocus, which is the same size as my backups.

I am happy for you guys to email me direct if you'd like me to help analyse the issue. I'm a software tester by profession so am used to playing these sort of games :) I am on UK time so will be bit out of synch with you. I assume you can get my email address from your user list.

Hello all,

It seems that the access to the data-file is case sensitive. In my case, my home-folder was in upper-lower case "/Users/Carlo", but in the system preferences my home-folder was referred as "/Users/carlo", with the result that OmniFocus grayed out a lot of editable fields in the preferences window (but opened the data-file without complaining).

Correcting the name of my home-folder in the system preferences, resolved the issue...

©ƒ

Thanks, but I see no option to set my home folder path in the system prefs. Where can this be found? I'm not using Mac OS X Server, just Leopard with all the latest updates.

I've looked in all the obvious places: Accounts, Sharing, etc.

Thanks
Ed

You must log in as another admin user (if you have only one user set up, you must create a second admin user first). After logging in as the second admin user, in the accounts system preference pane, authenticate by clicking on the lock on the lower left corner, then right-click (or control-click) on the user account you want to change,.. you get a contextual menu labeled "Advanced Options...", here you can change the home directory path for the user.

DO NOT CHANGE THE OTHER FIELDS, or you will get unexpected results!!!! :confused: :(

©ƒ

Has anyone found a workaround for this problem yet?