The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

App won't open -- Worse than useless Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My OmniFocus iPhone app won't open. Apparently it's crashing before it can open.

Now all my data is trapped inside. This makes the app worse than useless because I can't get my data. I need this information.

I expect a refund if OmniGroup cannot fix this problem. Application does NOT WORK AT ALL. Can I have my $20 back?

Step 1: calm down.

Step 2: tell us more about your setup. What device are you running OmniFocus on? Are you using the sync functionality in OmniFocus? If so, which variety? Did anything unusual happen the last time you successfully used the application? Do you have an estimate of how many actions and projects you have in your database?

Have you tried rebooting the device? Hold down the button on the top until you get the slide to power off indication, then slide to power it off. Restart the device. None of these gadgets has a huge amount of memory, and if something is leaking it, OmniFocus may not be able to build all of its data structures in memory before running out.

Step 3: if it still isn't working, call Omni customer support Monday at 10AM Pacific time (1-800-315-6664 in the US or +1-206-523-4152 elsewhere) and the tech support people will help you with your problem.

By the way, no refunds for App Store purchases -- Apple doesn't do them, and doesn't provide a list of purchasers to the vendor. You also had to agree to that policy before purchase.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing - if you haven't spoken to the Support Ninjas yet, please do give us a call; we can help, but we're going to need to gather some information before we can do so.

Side note to Bill: Apple doesn't publicize the fact that they give out App Store refunds very much, but they have been known to do so. It appears that they decide on a case-by-case basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Side note to Bill: Apple doesn't publicize the fact that they give out App Store refunds very much, but they have been known to do so. It appears that they decide on a case-by-case basis.
Yeah, I suppose they must, but it's always going to be to some other schmuck, not you, right? :) Does the developer then get the full purchase price extracted from their wallet, I wonder?