The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Juxtaposed projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this board.

One feature I would expect in OmniPlan is Juxataposed Projects. I mean, this is not only a Multiple projects drop down menu but the ability to see different projects juxtaposed in the same timeline. I'm in the process to find a good PM mostly with this ability but can't find it anywhere and since I'm a huge fan of Omni products, I share this idea / feature request with you - even if I'm certain others thought about it!

Since I'm a sound designer, I've a lot of different projects in a year for theater, movies, etc. I can't tell you how my iCal is busy and a layout as a Gantt chart in those PM is so more visual for me. The downside is that none of them give me the ability to see all projects in the same timeline simultaneously. Maybe I miss something in PM applications concept?

I tried a lot of them and finally find OmniPlan the most intuitive with the best UI. I heard about Multiple Projects support in OP2 so I tried the Sneak Peak (feb. 11th) version but didn't find the feature at all. I also worked a bit with the "task workaround" but then I miss a part of the app which is disappointing.

So, do you think a Juxtaposed Projects [FEATURE REQUEST] can be feasible?

Thanks!

Last edited by Niclet; 2011-02-13 at 07:59 AM..

Any ideas about this feature? I mean, this will orient myself if I invest in OmniPlan or something else like Merlin - which give the opportunity to import many projects in a single project to see them simultaneously in the same timeline. Anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niclet View Post
I also worked a bit with the "task workaround" but then I miss a part of the app which is disappointing.
What part of the app do you miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Well, the first task level. A task is not a project.

I also worked a bit with the "task workaround" but then I miss a part of the app which is disappointing.
Multiple Projects support in OP2 so I tried the Sneak Peak (feb. 11th) version but didn't find the feature at all