The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Basic: can times be re-calculated Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear all,

I downloaded the trial version of OmniPlan, and I've created a new Gantt. I am new to this, so please forgive this possibly stupid question!

I think about times as if only one person should do every single task. Then, I add resources, in my case just persons.

So, is it possible to assign people to each task, and have OmniPlan recalculate the needed time?

For example, if I have two persons, and they have to perform a single task that takes two weeks, can I say "assign Jack and Jane to Task 1", and in the resource allocation say "Jack 60% and Jane 40%"?

Again, I may be asking a trivial question, or even an impossible one... So thanks anyway! :)

Cheers!