The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forecast view listings for Mac desktop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
To many of mine are showing as imminently overdue so I'll have to leave that as an exercise for the reader, for the moment :-)

For the display of years with strftime:
http://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html

To eliminate uncompleted tasks of completed projects, I think you could begin by trying to expand t.dateCompleted is null in MATCHES to something like p.status = 'active' and t.dateCompleted is null
FWIW, I don't think the calendar script is pulling in repeated events from iCal. This is true both of a native iCal calendar I have and also a CalDav google calendar I'm subscribed to.

Beyond that, thanks for your feedback/suggestions. Sadly, most of this sqlite scripting stuff is beyond me. I tried changing that Matches= statement as you suggested and then adjusting the parenthesis as that seemed necessary too. But when I did this, no tasks showed anymore. So either more is needed, or more likely, I did something wrong.

I've made a couple of quick edits to the 'coming week' view above to include years and insert a status='active' clause.

Haven't taken a look at how repeating tasks are handled in the iCal database. Unlikely to get to that this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
I've made a couple of quick edits to the 'coming week' view above to include years and insert a status='active' clause.

Haven't taken a look at how repeating tasks are handled in the iCal database. Unlikely to get to that this week.
Thanks Robtrew! That seems to have worked.

Rob,

This is awesome! For those interested in excluding certain projects from the output... just change

Code:
read overTOTAL weekTOTAL foreTOTAL  <<< $($OFQUERY "
	SELECT count(*) FROM $JOIN WHERE $OVERMATCHES;
	SELECT count(*) FROM $JOIN WHERE $MATCHES;
	SELECT count(*) FROM $JOIN WHERE $NEXTMATCHES;
")
to

Code:
EXCLUSIONS="AND p.name NOT IN ('Work Recurring', 'Daily')"
read overTOTAL weekTOTAL foreTOTAL  <<< $($OFQUERY "
	SELECT count(*) FROM $JOIN WHERE $OVERMATCHES $EXCLUSIONS;
	SELECT count(*) FROM $JOIN WHERE $MATCHES $EXCLUSIONS;
	SELECT count(*) FROM $JOIN WHERE $NEXTMATCHES $EXCLUSIONS;
")
In this example I've excluded tasks from the "Work Recurring" and "Daily" projects.

Note: this only works for the DUE script. I'm tinkering with the START script but it's not just a copy-paste operation.

/d

Last edited by dbyler; 2012-10-08 at 01:29 PM..

If I wanted to see the same info from the Due Script in a text file instead in a geektool gadget thing, what would I need to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
If I wanted to see the same info from the Due Script in a text file instead in a geektool gadget thing, what would I need to do?
You can run it as a shell script. Googling "OS X" run shell script will take you to various options but a traditional approach might be to save the script as a text file with the extension .sh and then make it executable with the chmod command in Terminal.app

If you save it in your user directory as ofdue.sh you could make it executable and test it with sth like:
  • chmod u+x ofdue.sh
  • $HOME/ofdue.sh

Then, to generate and inspect a text file containing the output:
  • $HOME/ofdue.sh > results.txt
  • cat results.txt

If you want an automatically updated text file (for example whenever the SQLite cache changes), it might be worth experimenting with Hazel.

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-10 at 09.39.09.png
Views:	832
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	2588  

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-10-10 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: Added image

I've got Hazel on my system, so that sounds like an excellent approach to try.

Thanks!

One other thing to note about the Due Script. All seems to work as anticipated now, except for one thing:

Periodically in the list of tasks I get a line item that reads "Was due Sun Jan"

It has no date and year and no description of the task.

Wondering if this reflects some sort of corruption in my database, or something odd with the script?

KS

Got the Hazel rule to work. Nice. Now the text file sits in NV Alt, so it gets sync to Simplenote and with luck I can see it from Android phone and elsewhere.