The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Close tab drawer when only one tab is open Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This could be a preference, but I'd like the drawer to close if I close all but one tab. Similar to how the "tab bar" on Safari and FF goes away.
 
Yeah, the final tab thing could be refined a bit. I don't like how the close tab button on the last tab goes away when it's the last tab.
 
Heres a semi-related feature request: dragging a link to the edge of a window pops open the drawer (if its closed).

I sometimes want to open a link, so i drag it to the drawer - would be nice if it opened when i dragged the link to the edge of the window
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I don't like how the close tab button on the last tab goes away when it's the last tab.
You're right; wish it stayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revs
would be nice if it opened when i dragged the link to the edge of the window
I'm guessing you mean dragging to the window itself, not the tab drawer. I'd like for there to be a key combination (like option+drag) that would open dragged links in new tabs instead of replacing the current tab when dragging to windows, since the tab drawer isn't always visible.
 
I meant that if the tab drawer is closed, and i grap a link, and drag it to the edge of the browser window, thenthe tab drawer pops out for me to drop the link into it.
 
I see; that would also be nice.
 
Well, there's no real "edge" in OW. So are you thinking if one dragged it off the browser window, to the side of it...?

Would it work like a spring loaded folder...?

I think I would rather see it so that if a user dragged a link onto the show tab drawer button, the tab drawer would open.

That said, why not just command+click the link and have the prefs set to open that in a new tab?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I think I would rather see it so that if a user dragged a link onto the show tab drawer button, the tab drawer would open.

That said, why not just command+click the link and have the prefs set to open that in a new tab?

I agree. Middle-click works too, that's what I do.

And the drag to button is a nice idea.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by revs
I meant that if the tab drawer is closed, and i grap a link, and drag it to the edge of the browser window, thenthe tab drawer pops out for me to drop the link into it.
I second this feature, as well as the master thread request: for the tab drawer to go away when only one tab is open.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Well, there's no real "edge" in OW. So are you thinking if one dragged it off the browser window, to the side of it...?

Would it work like a spring loaded folder...?

I think I would rather see it so that if a user dragged a link onto the show tab drawer button, the tab drawer would open.

That said, why not just command+click the link and have the prefs set to open that in a new tab?
I'm guessing such a feature would work like the message drag worked in pre-Tiger Mail.app, where the folder panel would appear on the side you were dragging to.

And I think this would be more useful with dragging links to other windows.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotkey to Open / Close Canvas inspector ocsmith OmniGraffle General 1 2013-02-27 03:38 PM
Disappearing stencils after close/open Diagram kimono OmniGraffle for iPad 0 2012-07-26 10:12 PM
Auto-close tab drawer option Handycam OmniWeb Feature Requests 28 2009-05-24 06:29 PM
Automatically close drawer when one tab left MrWynn OmniWeb Feature Requests 10 2007-03-02 09:03 AM
Open New Tabs - Close all Others markettrue OmniWeb Feature Requests 0 2006-09-29 05:06 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.