The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Trick MSNBC/MSN into playing a video? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On an infrequent visit to the MSNBC site, I encountered a video I wanted to watch. Launching the video jumps to http://video.msn.com/, which announces ...
This product requires Microsoftİ Internet Explorer 6, Microsoftİ Media Player 10, and Macromedia Flash 6. To download these free software applications, click the links below and follow the on-screen instructions.
The link for the MS Media Player ultimately leads to a page offering MS Media Player 9 (October 2003) and Flip4Mac, both of which are already installed on my Mac.

WMV files on other sites play fine in OmniWeb (although far from QuickTime quality).

Does anyone have a trick to get past the browser detection at MSN?

Sorry to be smart ass, but MSNBC and MSN are not exactly Mac-friendly places. Microsoft, as you've guessed, just isn't too keen on Mac support, if you know what I mean.