The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Siri capture stops after a few hours [A: update to 1.13.1.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sync was working for me well the first few hours and then quit. I was able to get it working again by going into the sync-with-icloud settings, turning it off, then turning it back on and reentering my iCloud username/password.

Not sure what exactly happened, but for a while I noticed that it would not pull in reminders till I viewed them once in the reminder app (then they would promptly show up in the OF inbox). That issue seems to be gone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedstrom View Post
Sync was working for me well the first few hours and then quit. I was able to get it working again by going into the sync-with-icloud settings, turning it off, then turning it back on and reentering my iCloud username/password.

Not sure what exactly happened, but for a while I noticed that it would not pull in reminders till I viewed them once in the reminder app (then they would promptly show up in the OF inbox). That issue seems to be gone now.
I noticed the same behavior. My actions will get added to Siri for an hour or two and then they stubbornly stay in Reminders (i.e., they will not move to the OF Inbox) regardless of how many times I close and open the OF app.

I found the following workarounds will get the process rolling again:
  • Quit (i.e., different than simply closing) the app and then reopen it.
  • Go through the iCloud connection process described above.
It's as if whatever triggers OF to check for new Inbox items somehow stops working after a certain period of time and has to be re-enabled by doing one of the steps listed above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertilak View Post
It's as if whatever triggers OF to check for new Inbox items somehow stops working after a certain period of time and has to be re-enabled by doing one of the steps listed above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
We're not sure what's causing this, but one of our QA folks reproduced the behavior today - we're investigating. For the time being, restarting the app is probably the best workaround. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Brian, thanks very much for acknowledging the problem and trying to fix it. Is there any good news so far on this effort?

Fix coming in an update. Unsure of exactly when the release will be ready, though...

The update has landed. Go snag 1.13.1 from iTunes or via the App Store on your iPhone/iPod.